Danger Noodles: Tester Roundup

The Danger Noodle pattern testers were an amazing, creative group to work with! This blog post goes over their makes, adaptations, and suggestions. 


The pattern is available here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FosteringSewing 

Angela Lorio: This amazing python has an added layer of crinkle fabric. Such a fun addition for people (and kids) who like the extra texture and sound. 

Jennifer Spainhoward: How amazing is this two headed snake in sequins! I haven't been brave enough to try sewing sequin stuffies yet, but this is so inspiring I will have to give it a try! 

Gavy Swan-Mansfield: These snakes look amazing against the snow. Here are some notes on the one above as well as the dark brown one you can see on Facebook and Instagram:  "Tan is made with faux suede with a small amount of stretch. It went together very easily and was a delight to make. Brown is made of vinyl with raised scales, and a thicker upholstery faux suede. Sewing was okay but stuffing it was very challenging. I feel like I really would have benefitted from sewing the head and neck pieces all together, applying the eyes, and then sewing the neck to the body pieces. The vinyl was hard to manipulate to get the eyes in there." You may want to consider this method if you are using a heavier fabric.

Brooke Nguyen: This soft, cuddly cobra was made with minky and embroidered eyes (I believe that she used an embroidery file from Choly Knight). Also, check out that cute tongue! fabrics and colors picked by her daughters. 


Annie Kate: "All done and overall I love them!! I couldn’t decide between the two top fabrics when I was at the shop so I decided to make two and mirror images one so they could snuggle.
Dark brown python is a textured vinyl that kinda replicates snake scales and the lighter brown classic snake is actually a ‘croc’ print stretchy pleather that I interface with Ezefuse (SF101 equivalent). Undersides are just minky from my stash."
I love the idea of mirroring the pattern so that they can snuggle! You don't need to reprint the pattern or do anything special to mirror it. Just trace one snake with the pattern pieces right side up and one snake with the pattern pieces right side down.

Gina Espindola: Funny tester story :) "I’m in LOOOOOOOVE with this fabric and how this turned out! BTW my husband got scared and thought it was real when he got home last night from work at 3pm and he saw it on our table, so he asked me in the morning why I made a creepy creature without warning him."

Gavy Swan Mansfield: "I love the versatility of this pattern! You can get so many looks and use all kinds of different fabric! This glamourous girl is in white rainbow sparkle minky and blue smooth minky. I used a lightweight interfacing in the head and neck to minimize stretch and help keep the shape structured. It also really helped keep the minky from sliding around too much." Also check out those eyelashes! Such a fun addition.

Emily Funk: This python is made using vinyl and cotton velour. Such a great effect for snake skin!

Courtenay Mark: "An appraisal from my 6 year old - It’s so realistic! I know because see how all the flies move away from it (as she runs towards them.) I found the pattern good to follow. I’m thinking it would definitely be good to interface the head and neck so those curves are less likely to stretch out."

Tasheena Montoya: "We are loving this pattern! My daughter saw me working on our cobra and requested and drafted the tongue and fangs. And when it was done she promptly gave her dinner for her birthday celebration! Each one of my children wanted to claim it as their own and it looks like I may have some more sewing to do in the near near future."

Samantha Burton: "Meet Scrappy! Scrappy was a nice project for my leftover scraps. So fun. All Cotton Woven My changes: I stuffed his hood pieces too, just to make them stand out more. I used fabric marker for the eyes again."


Ashley Johnson: "My 8 year old, "you don't make snakes. You made happiness!" His request was a snake BIGGER than his sisters, Venom, two heads, and a lot of color. Fabric restrictions only allowed for about a 25% increase in size." Again, mind blowing sequin snake, and definitely a super huggable size.

Rhyan Baker: "I have completed my cotton candy colored python! Looks right at home huh? The pattern was east to follow" It looks right at home in that tree, and definitely good for a snuggle.

Brooke Nguyen: Another adorable minky snake with embroidered eyes and an added tongue! Such beautiful work. 

Steph Edinga: "Just finished my first Danger Noodle, thought I would make one for our cat. I stuffed it with scraps in case he is able to open it up, I didn't want him to eat the stuffing. I used scrap fleece for the body. I filled the hood pieces with catnip and also put 4 small bags, made out of cotton woven, of catnip throughout the snake. I didn't add eyes because a)I didn't want the cat to chew on safety eyes and b) I didn't feel like appliquing fabric eyes." Such a fun way to make it personalized to your own needs.

Liesel Tavenner: This comment from Liesel perfectly captures this danger noodle "His face says it all." Such joy! 

Teresa Montoya: "As soon as I began reading the pattern and saw the part about creating with abandon - I glanced at my faux fur. We mutually understood the assignment." The danger noodle has a completely different look when done over in fur! Definitely interested in making a few in fur now myself.

Ashley Brooker: "The pattern is reduced by 50% and such an adorable handheld size (perfect for using up small amounts of fabric too!)I definitely had to add a little tongue because look how cute it is!" Also check out the cute Loki horn add on! Such a fun adaptation.


Amy Jones: "My boy is done and I LOVE HIM!!! I accidentally sewed the head side to the top of the head instead of the bottom first but it turned out just fine (I'll try it the right way next time). I also placed my stuffing openings on inner curves... which ended up hiding them better and pulling the opening shut mimicked the inner curve really well. The hemostat was EXTREMELY helpful when it came to stuffing the tail. I'd love a pair with a rubberized handle...I'll have to look around for that. Thanks for the tip Lindsey! I didn't baste the nose before stitching which probably would have helped with the puckering. I, fortunately, like the nose puckers since some snakes have crinkley noses." Absolutely! And such a realistic looking snake! Great work.

JL Talamantes: "Omg It’s so freaking cool! I think it would be better if the closing up sections were on the inside seam. My teen is beyond in love with it already." Always a win when you can impress a teen!

Laura Walker: This beautiful minky cobra was made using the same print in two different color ways. Such a cool effect! 

Marianne Savin: "I made my son choose the type of snake he preferred and he chose the Cobra (I'm glad it was my favorite too). I chose some anti-pill fleece fabric from Joanns." These pastel colors make for such a light and fluffy cobra. Definitely good for a cuddle. 


Thank you so much to all of my amazing testers! You are the reason that this pattern is the best that it can be. 


Comments